Saturday, April 11, 2009

Delonghi ESAM3300 reviews

Nice enough coffee maker but horrible carafe, August 18, 2008
By KL - See all my reviews

I purchased this coffee maker a couple of months ago from another retailer for about $50-55. We liked the coffee maker and the front water access but the carafe broke after just a couple of months of usage. Delonghi ESAM3300 had not been dropped nor exposed to temperature extremes; Delonghi ESAM3300 simply broke apart when I was rinsing Delonghi ESAM3300 with water so I feel the carafe was poorly made. After looking all over the place for a replacement carafe for this model, I e-mailed DeLonghi; that failed because I received a permanent error for their e-mail. I then called DeLonghi customer service who initially told me the price for the carafe with shipping would be $44.90 but the rep then spoke with someone else who said they could ship Delonghi ESAM3300 for $20.95. Since I expect the second carafe to break after a short period of use as well, I am not going to pay almost half the cost of the coffee maker for just the carafe (which you seem to only be able to obtain by calling them since Delonghi ESAM3300 is not even available on their own website). I am instead going to purchase a new coffee maker and will never buy another DeLonghi product since Delonghi ESAM3300 would be such a hassle/expense to replace their poorly made carafe. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comment



2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
Died after 2 months!, March 21, 2008
By Michael Murphy - See all my reviews


We received ours in December, and the brewer/warming plate quit working in March. I tore Delonghi ESAM3300 apart and found the thermostat bad. I called the DeLonghi service center in our area, and they said "it cannot be repaired and parts are not available for that Chinese piece of ****". And being outside of the Amazon 30 day return policy, I guess we just lost $50+. Needless to say, we will never buy another DeLonghi product.

No comments:

Post a Comment