Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fabulous Coffeemaker! Buy The Best - It's Worth It!!, May 29, 2004
By Jana L. Perskie "ceruleana" (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews


I recently decided that delonghi esam3300 was time to buy a new coffeemaker and wanted the BEST! I did my research thoroughly, online and by word-of-mouth, and decided on Cuisinart's DCC-1200 12-Cup Brew Central Coffeemaker. This terrific gadget arrived a week ago and I am thrilled with it.
I love my coffee and usually make time to have at least one, if not two, 12 oz. mugs of freshly brewed java before I leave the house in the AM. Although this is a 12 cup coffeemaker, the settings are geared for a 5 oz. cup. So, for those Coffeemaker of you who think a 12 cup machine is too much, this factor should be considered. Coffee is 98% water and if the quality of water used is not good, your final result won't be either. Cuisinart's DCC-1200 has a charcoal water filter that removes chlorine, calcium, bad tastes and odors. The self-cleaning feature is terrific and a warning light will flash to notify when calcium buildup is interfering with the machine's functioning mechanism. Programming for delayed brew time is a snap with the LCD digital clock. One of the features I like best is the heater plate control knob. I like my coffee steaming hot - and this feature assures that I can control the temperature of the nonstick heating plate. The machine also looks great on my kitchen counter.

I had thought about buying a combination Coffeemaker/coffee grinder and decided against it. Apparently, many combination machines leave a sludgy residue and are a hassle to clean. I preferred using my own grinder, which is easy to clean, and this coffee maker - also very easy to clean and maintain. This machine is a coffee lover's dream!!

I bought the BEST! Very highly recommended!!
JANA

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comment



30 of 30 people found the following review helpful:
Geat little coffee maker!, July 23, 2006
By R. T. "robert2323" (GA) - See all my reviews

I had been using an old, inexpensive Krups coffee maker before I switched to this one and wow, what a difference! I never knew Coffeemaker there could be so much difference between a $40 coffee maker and an $80 one, but there really is. I'm the type of person that really loves coffee; I don't just drink delonghi esam3300 to wake up, I truly love the taste and would drink delonghi esam3300 all day long if I could. The coffee from this Cuisinart is so hot, so strong and so flavorful! If I had to complain about one thing, it's that the water fill level is inside the machine so it's sort of hard to read unless you have a strong light directly over the coffee maker. Otherwise I would have given this one five stars. Great cup of joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment