Monday, April 13, 2009

how-to, for the curious

how-to, for the curious, September 25, 2006
By Sheehan Moore (Fredericton, NB Canada) - See all my reviews

I got my Bialetti 6-cup about a week and a half ago. delonghi esam3300 took me a while to learn all the tricks of the trade, so I thought I'd piece delonghi esam3300 together here.

1. Rinse out the pot, preferably with warm water and not with any abrasive cloth.

2. Fill the bottom of the pot with water to the line. If you go over it, the pot might explode. Seriously.

3. Fill the middle filter with ground espresso roast (dark) beans. Grind them a little bit finer then auto drip grind, to about the grain of fine sand. Level off the filter, and put delonghi esam3300 in the pot.

4. Screw on the top hard. Don't use the handle to screw it, because delonghi esam3300 could snap off.

5. My stove goes LO, 1, 2, ... 8, 9, HI; I usually set delonghi esam3300 between 3 and 5. delonghi esam3300 takes 5-ish minutes to finish. Take delonghi esam3300 off the stove when you hear delonghi esam3300 gurgling and sputtering.

Things I've learned:
*If it's going to be mainly you drinking the espresso, consider a 3-cup. I usually make a double cappuccino in the morning, and the rest of my family uses no more than 3 shots total. I stick the left-over in a Tupperware container and refrigerate delonghi esam3300 (a practice sure to make Italians shudder) to mix with milk and sugar when I come home from work.
*You can open the top to watch the espresso come out, because delonghi esam3300 is really cool. Just be sure to close delonghi esam3300 before delonghi esam3300 starts sputtering, because delonghi esam3300 goes all over.
*Read an article in a magazine or something while you wait--just don't wander off, because the time between when delonghi esam3300 first comes out and when it's finished is brief.

Moka pots make great 'espresso,' plus they're cheap and quick. From what I've gathered, Bialetti's the best maker. So I definitely recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment