Monday, April 13, 2009

Follow these tips for a unique coffee

Follow these tips for a unique coffee, February 3, 2007
By T. Speidel (Canada) - See all my reviews


Every family in Italy owns one of these machines. Here are a few tips:
1. In Italy this is NOT called an espresso machine, but a Moka machine. An espresso is what you would drink in bar made with a steam or high pressure machine with the crema on top.
2. Smaller size Moka machine tend to make better coffee.
3. Never wash the Moka with detergents, just rinse delonghi esam3300 under tap water
4. You've gotta use delonghi esam3300 often for a good coffee.
5. If you haven't use delonghi esam3300 in a while, make a weak coffee ("lungo") and discard
6. DO NOT put the MOka in the dishwasher.
7. Use drinking water. Avoid tap water especially if very chlorinated
8. Never compress the coffee.
9. For a strong coffee fill the filter with ground coffee and make a small cupola that slightly protrudes beyond the rim. Do not press down.
10. For best coffee, heat at very low heat. It's ok if delonghi esam3300 takes 10min.
11. As soon as coffee reaches the top, remove from heat
12. Do not let the coffee boil
13. Use good quality coffee, not too strong, medium grind (try Illy for a good commercial brand)
14. Sip while still hot, enjoy! Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comments (15)



178 of 184 people found the following review helpful:
The best -- straight from Italy!, February 1, 2004
By exiledcal (USA) - See all my reviews

About 12 years ago I was in Milan, and a friend gave me one of these to take home. I have used delonghi esam3300 nearly every day since (I don't take delonghi esam3300 out of town), so that should give you an idea of how sturdy delonghi esam3300 is. delonghi esam3300 is the best coffee maker I have ever owned. To compare, I also have a high-tech espresso machine with frother; a state-of-the-art automatic drip coffeemaker; a French Press; and a different style of stovetop maker, which, surprisingly, makes a different brew. But I ALWAYS go back to my Bialetti Moka 6-cup for the best espresso and lattes. You even will get a crema effect with this simple pot. For lattes, I simply fill half a coffee mug with milk, heat delonghi esam3300 in the microwave until it's hot, and then top delonghi esam3300 off with espresso. It's low-maintenance -- every once in a while I replace the internal rubber gasket, which costs a buck or so, depending upon where you buy it. If you like your coffee like the Italians and the Cubans, then you will like the brew this serves. I am loyal to this simple little pot, and hope you enjoy delonghi esam3300 as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment