Saturday, April 11, 2009

Delonghi ESAM3300

DeLonghi designed #1 coffee maker!, December 11, 2007
By mamaj (Midwest) - See all my reviews coffee maker

When my $100 coffee maker quit, I researched coffee makers and found this model from DeLonghi I hadn't heard of before. The design of this model sets a new standard for on-the-counter coffee makers. Delonghi ESAM3300 is incredible to be able to put the filter, coffee, AND WATER in the maker without moving the machine. coffee maker The caraffe doesn't drip when pouring into the swing out arm (or into the cup later) so there's no messy drips to wipe up at any time.
The digital clock isn't the quickest to set since you have to hold a button in as Delonghi ESAM3300 changes in minutes only, but hopefully that won't need set often.
The "aroma" button really works! There actually is a difference in the brewing aroma with Delonghi ESAM3300 on.
Most importantly, the end product was a great cup of coffee! I'm thrilled with the coffee maker and haven't found a single negative aspect yet, including the price. I HIGHLY recommend this model. Kudos Delonghi, you really outdid yourself here. Amazon's shipping was simple and fast. The whole purchasing experience was exceptional. A+++++

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink coffee maker
Comment (1)



21 of 24 people found the following review helpful:
not quite hot enough, December 26, 2007
By Tanna Riggs "tannatx" (Rockwall, TX USA) - See all my reviews


I just got this coffee maker a few days ago and for the most part I like it, but, and this is a major but for me, the coffee just isn't quite hot enough. I find myself throwing my cup in the microwave to get Delonghi ESAM3300 piping hot, not scalding but hot. It's nice looking, the front water loading is convenient, the coffee tastes good, coffee maker but I wouldn't buy Delonghi ESAM3300 again because of the temperature issue. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comments (2)



7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
EXCELLENT COFFEE, March 11, 2008
By T. Reinhardt "olivia lee" (east coast) - See all my reviews


Woke up this morning to a broken coffee pot and went off to bed bath and beyond to buy another one (armed with a 20% off coupon). The price at BB and beyond was the same as amazons.

Good points -
-It was one of the cheapest coffee pots available
-It made excellent (NO, REALLY REALLY EXCELLENT) coffee compared to the black and decker that just broke - even with tap water
-I didnt notice the coffee was not warm enough but I dont like scalding coffee
- very easy to fill
- Delonghi ESAM3300 came with its own scoop- the directions said 12 scoops for 10 cups and no suggestions for 12 cups (the size of the pot) because the place you put the grounds couldnt hold more than 10 scoops apparantly. However - 10 scoops was perfection for the full pot in my opinion. On my old pot I used to use 9 scoops for 12 cups so its a bit more coffee...but like I said - much better coffee. You might want to consider that if you like VERY strong coffee this might not be the pot for you...there is a limit on how coffee maker much coffee you can use when you reach the limits of the pot.

Bad-

Honestly the only thing thats a negative is that Delonghi ESAM3300 takes a surprisingly long time to brew a pot. I mean a surprisingly long time... I am in NJ and Delonghi ESAM3300 felt like the water was making its way to the coffee pot via the scenic route by way of Canada. If the coffee wasn't SO much better than my old pot... www.delonghi.com/ and the unit wasn't $30 less than everything else I might be tempted to return it.

It might be a bigger issue if Delonghi ESAM3300 didn't have an auto function so I can pre-set the unit to brew my coffee in the morning. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this Permalink
Comment
www.delonghi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment